Aluminum and Brass
We specialize in small, short run jobs of 1 – 1000 pieces per month in brass or aluminum. In our sand casting foundry we have both manual squeezers and automatic molding lines. Loose mold work and no-bake molding add to our versatility, which allows us to cast a variety of parts for multiple industries. Click to view some samples of the castings we offer.
Quality control is essential to our production process. All alloys are constantly monitored for a proper chemical composition during the melting and pouring. Parts then go through a battery of cutting, cleaning, grinding and sanding to remove rough edges. CFI offers machining, heat-treating, anodizing, polishing and chrome plating to enhance the value of your product.
We have the capability to pour a wide range of red brasses, aluminum and manganese bronzes, and aluminum alloys with our electrical induction and resistance furnaces. Only certified ingots are used for melting, and grain refiners added to insure the maximum physical properties of the alloys make for an easily machined casting.
We use the latest technology in heating our metals with electric furnaces to reduce waste in material and energy consumption. This affords us the opportunity to be extremely cost competitive today and in the future.
All of our ingots are certified and inspected prior to use to matintain the highest quality castings. Before each pour a sample is taken and measured on the vernal hardness scale to ensure strength and durability.
We offer a variety of red brass, aluminum bronze and manganese bronze castings for the plumbing industry.
Our own in-house machine shop has both C.N.C. and conventional machining capabilities. Our C.N.C. machines have the capability of machining parts up to 36″ long and 20″ wide. The lathes can turn castings up to 18″ in diameter. Continuous inspection assures correct tolerances on all parts.
Our Machining Facilities
To find out more about our machines, click on the name (if it is a hyperlink) to go to the manufacturer’s web site.
Types of Equipment:
(click a link below to jump to that section)
- CNC Lathes
- CNC Milling Centers
- Coordinate Measuring Machine
- CAD/CAM Systems
- Milling Machines
- Drill Presses
- Surface Grinder
- Tool Grinder
- Cut Off Saws
- Wasino LJ-5 1.5″ collet & 8″ chuck, maximum capacity 9″OD x 18″Z
- Wasino LJ-6 10″ chuck, maximum capacity 19″OD x 23″Z
- Amier Seiki TC-4L 10″ chuck, maximum capacity 14″OD x 24″Z
- Hitachi Seiki Horizontal HC400 w/pallet changers, pallet size 17″ x 17″ x 17″
- Hitachi Seiki Vertical VA-45 maximum travel 28″X x 18″Y x 18″Z
- Fadal 3016 30″X x 16″Y x 24″Z
- Haas Indexing Head attachment with CNC controls & 12″ diameter capacity
- Brother CNC Drill & Tap Machine, 16″X x 12″Y x 10″Z
- Browne & Sharpe Reflex, 18″X x 20″Y x 16″Z
- 2 – 6-line Walker Turner 15″
- 1 – 6-line Clausing 15″
- 1 – 4-line Clausing 10″
- 2 – 4-line Walker Turner 10″
- 6 – Single spindle
- K O Lee, 6 x 12 chuck
- K O Lee
- Cutter Master (Baldor Diamond)